Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cute lil' petit fours

For those of you who know me well, you know how much I love sweets, chocolates and dragonflies (and green cymbidium orchids too)! Now if you put 3 of those 4 together... VOILA, you get these yummilicious petit fours by Dragonfly Cakes in Sausalito, Calfornia.






Photo Credit: Dragonfly Cakes

When my hubby and I used to live in San Francisco, we would drive up to Sausalito on some weekends to grab a nice brunch and walk around the cute little town. And just a few days ago, he had the opportunity to try a piece of the lemon flavor.

He emailed me right away and said: "Honey, have you heard of Dragonfly Cakes? We received a box of these petit fours at the office today. It was really good, you'll like it... also good gift idea for brides."

Well, thanks, honey! I will like it if I get to try one, so did you save me a piece? His answer was: "Oh... let me see if there is any left!" :)

Note: My hubby did save me a piece (it was chocolate) and it was sooooo good. It was soft and not very sweet - just perfect!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I have such a soft spot for petit fours yet it's been years since I've had one. I can barely remember the last time.... There was a box, I ate all of them, by myself. Have stayed away from them ever since. But these are VERY tempting!

Anonymous said...

these look really good!

Anonymous said...

These look absolutely delicious! Next time you are in SF, you should definitely head to Miette in the new Ferry Building and pick up a french macarroon. They are out of this world!