Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cute lil' petit fours

For those of you who know me well, you know how much I love sweets, chocolates and dragonflies (and green cymbidium orchids too)! Now if you put 3 of those 4 together... VOILA, you get these yummilicious petit fours by Dragonfly Cakes in Sausalito, Calfornia.






Photo Credit: Dragonfly Cakes

When my hubby and I used to live in San Francisco, we would drive up to Sausalito on some weekends to grab a nice brunch and walk around the cute little town. And just a few days ago, he had the opportunity to try a piece of the lemon flavor.

He emailed me right away and said: "Honey, have you heard of Dragonfly Cakes? We received a box of these petit fours at the office today. It was really good, you'll like it... also good gift idea for brides."

Well, thanks, honey! I will like it if I get to try one, so did you save me a piece? His answer was: "Oh... let me see if there is any left!" :)

Note: My hubby did save me a piece (it was chocolate) and it was sooooo good. It was soft and not very sweet - just perfect!



3 comments:

The Flirty Girl said...

Oh I have such a soft spot for petit fours yet it's been years since I've had one. I can barely remember the last time.... There was a box, I ate all of them, by myself. Have stayed away from them ever since. But these are VERY tempting!

Beloved Weddings said...

these look really good!

Jo @ Allegro Photography said...

These look absolutely delicious! Next time you are in SF, you should definitely head to Miette in the new Ferry Building and pick up a french macarroon. They are out of this world!