Friday, October 10, 2008

Featured Wedding - Ivy and Howard

Ivy and Howard was such a fun-loving couple. I felt like I have known them forever. I started planning the wedding with Ivy exactly 12 months prior to the big day. Even though I didn't get a chance to meet them before like I did with a lot of my other clients, when I saw them it was like old friends seeing each other again.





ARCH: Pacific Isle Rentals. FLORALS: Maui Floral. LINENS/TABLES/CHAIRS: Island Rents . PHOTOS: Rachel Robertson Photography.

Ivy is super organized and that made my job so much easier throughout the planning process. We had such a great time planning it together, and everything looked beautiful on the day of from the flowers to the colored linens to the decor. Rachel Robertson flew in from O`ahu and took all of these wonderful photos; she was such a great gal to work with and her assistant Greg was great. We all had so much fun!

On the day of the wedding, Ivy gave me this bag. I thought it was additional items and decor that she wanted me to set up, but she said: "No, that's for you!" I opened the bag and it was full of my Trader Joe's treats with a note saying: "Here's a lil' something for you from home!" I think one time when we were talking on the phone or exchanging emails, I told her that I miss Trader Joe's in the San Francisco bay area (that's where Ivy and Howard are from too).

So a week before the wedding, she called up my hubby at work (I mentioned to her before where he works) and tried to find out what I like from TJ. She also told my hubby not to tell me about her phone call! They kept it a secret from me for a week! That was so thoughtful of her.

Well, congratulations, Ivy and Howard! All the best to you both, and hope to see you again when we go back to the bay area to visit! Again, thanks for the treats! I am savoring every bite! =)



3 comments:

J Sav said...

Great attention to every beautiful detail! And what a touching story about a truly thoughtful bride.

Unknown said...

awww, so lovely! :)

Melissa said...

I just love the outdoor loveliness of it all. Simply elegant!