Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Back from Kaua`i

This was where we stayed

The view from our Ocean Suite

Ceremony setup of a wedding

Reception setup of a wedding

Beautiful greenery

Our anniversary trip to Kaua`i was everything we have dreamed of and more. It was even better than our honeymoon 3 years ago! Here are some of the highlights:
  • If you go to Kaua`i, you HAVE to stay at the Grand Hyatt Kaua`i Resort and Spa in Poipu. It's just heavenly. They have beautiful grounds and the service is impeccable. Since my hubby works for the Hyatt Regency here on Mau`i and he knows the Managers on Kaua`i very well, they upgraded us to the Ocean Suite with the Grand Club Lounge privileges (free breakfast, snacks, cocktails, desserts...etc.), and we got wine, champagne, chocolate-dipped strawberries and other snacks in our suite too! =)
  • Be sure to visit one of the spas on the island. I had a 50-minute treatment at the Anara Spa and I was all rejuvenated by the time I walked out. The one I had was "Anara" - a personalized massage that allows your therapist to intuitively address imbalances in your body, mind and spirit, inducing deep relaxation and a profound sense of lokahi (harmony). I think it was a mixture of lomi lomi, aromatherapy and the sports massages. Getting a spa treatment is one of the best things you can do to your body, mind and soul!
  • We did most of the activities the last time we were there (kayaking, hiking, ATV, sight-seeing), so this trip was more a relaxing one. We drove up to the North Shore one day and visited 2 beautiful waterfalls. Then the next day we headed to the West to try this Shrimp Station right by the Waimea Canyon. I had the Coconut Shrimp and my hubby had the Shrimp Tacos. They were soooo good! My hubby was ecstatic when they asked him if he was a kama'aina (local), and the owner gave us 2 FREE drinks. He said: "That's great, I look like a local now!" As for me, people still think I am from Honolulu! I guess I have that "city girl" look! =)
  • We were able to meet up with one of my college friends and her hubby for dinner at the Beach House Restaurant. They flew out from Illinois and they were also celebrating their wedding anniversary. I was actually one of their bridesmaids! It was so nice to catch up with them after all these years!
  • They were setting up for a wedding at the resort, and of course being the planner that I am, I sprang into "work mode" and HAD to snap a few shots of the decor. It was a beautiful setting and it didn't need much floral and linen decor.
  • We spent the last day hanging out at the lovely pool from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm before catching our flight at 4:20 pm. I was able to catch up with my reading which I haven't been able to do in the last few months! The book I am trying to finish is "Saving Fish From Drowning" by Amy Tan.
  • And just like any vacation, it's never long enough! =)

No comments: