Friday, September 21, 2007

Wedding cakes - Mini Cakes and Cupcakes

Photo Credit: Eugene Kam Photography


Photo Credit: Pink Cake Box

Photo Credit: Pink Cake Box

Photo Credit: Cake Creations

A lot of brides have been asking me about wedding cupcakes and mini cakes. They are the latest trend and they have been very popular in the last couple of years. In fact, I had the 3" miniature cakes at my own wedding (photo #1 above) 2 years ago! Yes, being the planner that I am, that was me checking on the little cakes right before the reception! =)

I realized that wedding cakes are mostly for photos opps, and a lot of times after the caterer slice them in the kitchen and bring them out to the guests, the guests never touch them and they just sit on the table. But when the cakes are all individual cakes, guests tend to consume them and even ask for more!

There is really no right or wrong way for wedding cakes. Of course, the more traditional brides still opt in for the regular tiered wedding cakes, but if cupcakes or mini cakes are what your heart desires, I'd say go for it. They are fun to have at a reception!

1 comment:

Renee Cizek said...

Where do you find the stands for the cupcakes??